The Saudi Organization for Industrial Cities and Technology Zones (MODON) recognizes the importance of social responsibility as one of the pillars of sustainable development in our modern times. In this context it does not exercise its developmental role in the local economy in isolation from its social role, but works closely with the concerned governmental agencies based on long-term goals, which are updated annually to keep abreast of the developments that may occur in Saudi society. The most important community initiatives of MODON are:
· Societal Initiatives
· The participation of MODON in supporting and empowering Saudi women
- MODON participated as a gold sponsor in a ceremony honoring 500 craftswomen at the Center for Saudi Women's Creativity in Jazan, and presented a working paper in a panel discussion on social responsibility and support for Saudi women.
- MODON held a workshop in Jeddah Chamber of Commerce on the Food Trucks initiative.
- Organized visits of students to some industrial cities.
- Participated in the Recruitment Day of Shawermer Company in Sudair Industrial and Business City
· Health Initiatives
First Sports Cities
MODON organized the MODON Sports Tournament during the period from 26 September to 31 October 2018 at the Arkan Sports Center in Riyadh 2ndIndustrial City. 40 teams from 25 companies and factories took part in the competition including 12 cricket teams, 10 football teams, and 18 basketball teams.
- Supporting the community initiative 'We Deserve What Our Environment Deserves.'
- MODON participated in supporting the community initiative by launching a media awareness campaign in a number of its industrial cities including Riyadh First and Second Industrial Cities, Jeddah First Industrial City, and Dammam First and Second Industrial Cities, in order to raise awareness among the members of society about the importance of preserving the environment, and introduce all categories of the consumers to the benefit of using biodegradable plastic products. At the end of the campaign, MODON was honored by His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Bandar Bin Abdul Aziz, Governor of Riyadh Region, for its role in serving the community.
- Signing an agreement with the Friends of the Environment in the Eastern Region.
MODON signed a joint cooperation agreement with the Friends of the Environment in Dammam to promote environmental awareness within the existing industrial cities that are affiliated to MODON in the Eastern Region through the Initiative of Environmental Protection in the Eastern Region. The agreement aims to establish fruitful and constructive cooperation relations with all the sectors, and to achieve the goals of MODON in entering into partnerships with the private sector and non-profit sectors and achieve the satisfaction of MODON partners, in order to achieve the strategy of the empowerment of industry in the Kingdom.
- Participation in World Environment Day
MODON participated in the World Environment Day, which was held over three days in Al-Bujairi Square under the slogan of 'Overcoming Plastic Pollution'.
- Setting up a Zero Waste workshop in Jeddah
In partnership with Saudi Unilever, MODON held a workshop titled Zero Industrial Waste, which was attended by representatives of more than 30 factories in Jeddah First Industrial City.
- Signing the Recycling Agreement